Lewis pie and pasty company is going through a period of growth, as such a space has become available in our finance team. If you are keen to become a key member of our finance team and work in a small friendly group please read the job spec and follow the instructions below.
Purchase Ledger Controller
As a Purchase Ledger specialist you’ll be in charge of the company spending, overseeing all purchases made, monitoring how much is owed at all times.
You will record every product and service the company buys – whether it’s an expensive IT investment or petty cash purchase – and keep tabs on the payment process including matching, batching and reconciling.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Purchase Ledger role generally assists the accounts department as necessary, providing any further information required by the Financial Controller.
The Purchase Ledger role is generally responsible for making BACS or cheque payments, generating coding and checking invoices, working out VAT payments, checking and reconciling statements and dealing with all purchase enquiries.
Duties and responsibilities
A Purchase Ledger controller will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes and purchase orders to invoices received
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries and cash flow
- Process business expense returns
- Cashbook and petty cash
- Processing BACS payments and preparing cheques
Typical qualities of a successful Purchase Ledger Controller include:
- Bookkeeping experience
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Self discipline
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
- An aptitude for IT – knowledge of software packages like Excel, Sage and BACS
Full Time Role Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week
Starting salary of £18,000
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com